• +918826484040
  • pacelegalconsultants@yahoo.com

What to do if someone Threatens you? Abuses you or Provokes You?



If someone threaten you or abuses you that comes under criminal intimidation. We have scrutinized every aspect in this regard due to over flowing of such cases nowadays. We have discusses everything in Depth to make you feel ease and to help you understand the vital crux of such cases. Threat, abuses, provocation seem common nowadays by anyone in your surrounding be it your neighbor, colleagues, friend, enemy or any xyz person.


What is Criminal Intimidation (threats)?
Lets first talk about what type of criminal intimidation (threats) are there, or which all words are to be treated as criminal intimidation (threats). Threat can be given in normal way like “I will See you”, or the gravity of threat increases when someone says “I will kill you, I will break your legs or hands, or he talks to harm our vehicle, house or any other object, sometimes people even fight over vehicle parking issues and give threats to damage your vehicle. Boyfriend-Girlfriend sometimes fight saying that if they marry someone else they will commit suicide, wife sometimes gives threats to husband or in-laws to get them arrested in dowry case or other cases, people usually give threaten to molest or rape or to post their pictures on social media etc, people sometimes give threats of their approaches that they are known to local Police, politicians or goons etc, subsequently criminal intimidation (threats) can be of ample types.


What to do when someone gives you Criminal Intimidation (threats)?
If someone threatens you, do not worry at all rather you must immediately call Police on 100 & intimate them about the said Criminal Intimidation (threats) Or you may also approach concerned or nearest Police Station to give written complaint against that person. And if during investigation it is found that someone has really given you Criminal Intimidation (threats) then Police may lodge FIR against that person under section 506 IPC. Moreover, during the trail if it is proved that person has given you Criminal Intimidation (threats) then for normal threat he/she can be punished with imprisonment which may extend to two years or with fine or with both but If the said threat is given to kill or grievous hurt or to damage property by fire, or to cause any offence which is punishable with death or imprisonment for life, or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to seven years, or to impute unchastity to a woman, that person shall be punished with imprisonment which may extend to seven years or with fine or with both.


What if someone has NOT given you Criminal Intimidation but have Insulted you or provoked you?
If someone has intentionally insulted you and thereby has given provocation, intending or knowing it to be likely that such provocation will cause him to break the public peace, or to commit any other offence, then that person shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years or with fine or with both.

In this world has become enormously complicated when you come across people who tend to either disturb you or harass you in umpteen ways. Threats, abuses and provocation have become common nowadays and these things should be tackle from very first day otherwise they tend to become wound which can become worsen by each passing day and can devastatingly ruined your mental equilibrium. This has been notice that these threats, abuses and provocation also digress your mind and then you are not able to focus on your work or priority things. Therefore, you must expeditiously follow all the vigorous steps in order to cool yourself with all the legal steps and you must accordingly follow them.


What you should NOT do when someone threats, abuses and provokes you?
When someone threats, abuses and provokes you must not react at all, you shouldn’t lose your temper by given more powerful threats, abuses and provokes to opposite party because this can rather put litigation on you too and then you might be entrapped. The incredible thing is to keep patience and create evidences by doing video or audio recording to prove that person has given threat, abuse and has provoked you during a particular time. This evidence works absolutely fine during police investigation and can easily be proved in the court as well. It has been spotted in various cases that due to lack of evidences these cases do not stand in the court and the entire process gets ruined. The evidences help police to move their investigation in the right direction. Furthermore, do not utter any word which can let other person record your video or audio in the form of evidence which can indeed put you in trouble too.


What is the Role of Pace Legal Consultants if someone threats, abuses and provokes you?
We Pace Legal Consultants can listening to your problem to analyze everything from Legal Point of view and can also draft the police complaint with all the relevant facts narrated by you. At times people tend to exaggerate their complaint or don’t mention the real ingredients of the complaint or give false & fabricated facts which indeed are like putting hammer on your own feet. Therefore, it is always wise to take experts advice and hire the right advocate or a firm to draft legal complaint on your behalf subsequently to cover all the point which should be there to assist police for better investigation and assist court to give justice in the said case.

Therefore, do not feel low, upset or sad for such type of threats, abuses or provocation, we at Pace Legal Consultants can assist you in innumerable ways to show you right path during such complicated situation. For any legal assistance we can always call or whatsapp us anytime or you may also visit our website www.pacelegalconsultants.com to get more information on the same & to view videos in this regard.




Please feel free to call us at: +91-8826484040
You may also send your query on our WhatsApp number: +91-8826484040
Or you may email us at: pacelegalconsultants@yahoo.com

Office Address: 80/22, Basement, Near Gurudwara L-Block, Malviya Nagar, New Delhi-11007
Chamber No: 780, Lawyer's Chamber Block, Saket Court Complex, Saket, N.D-17

Please read Disclaimer, Terms and Privacy Policy on Home Page before contacting us or browsing our website.